Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Leggings > Pants

Whoever said leggings aren't pants are right.  They aren't pants.  But what if I don't want to wear real pants? But . . . wait, wait, wait, wait.  I haven't ever heard anyone say that yoga pants aren't pants.  You can't just not say that yoga pants aren't pants because they have the word pants in their name.  But we all know why people say leggings aren't pants.  It's because they're so tight.  Technically it's because they're so thin, but if you made equally thin dress pants that didn't hug you like a long lost family member I really don't think anyone would complain.

But . . . you know what?  People have opinions, and rightly so.  I just like wearing leggings, and if they aren't pants, then so be it.  I mean, people have started to not really wear shirts either.  Not that I'm going to do that.  I totally couldn't pull that off.  I just like wearing leggings. (:

I don't know... they're like the comfort of sweatpants and the fashion of skinny jeans, but with a relaxed feeling.  They're an accessory piece technically so they can be dressed down and dressed up easily.  Well... that's my take on it, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I looove leggings! I think it all depends on how you wear them though. Also the legging material/ Some are very thin so they dont look so hot. i love wearing plain white t-shirts, combat boots and leggings together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm envisioning that, and it sounds really cute. I need some combat boots, although if I ever show my mother something in that style (hiking style heels and chunky boots) and ask her if she likes them she goes "Ehh..." But it's my goal to find some shoes like that and wear them all over the place. (:

      Delete

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!