Monday, July 29, 2013

Eating makes Me Shudder

Do you ever have that one thing that irks you to your very core?  Like, no matter where you are on the sanity scale, this will push you over the edge of the crazy abyss.

For me, this is the sound of eating.  It's tolerable if the eater's mouth is closed, but the nasty sound of saliva losing and gaining suction to different parts of the mouth is just . . . oh, it makes me gag.  This doesn't really register for some people.  It's like no one can hear other people eating but me.  I will concede  that although I try my very best to keep my mouth closed when I eat, I surely (shudder) make these noises too.  I'm never aware of it when I myself am doing the very thing that drives me up the wall.  That's the curse though, isn't it?

And it truly is a curse.  I must go through this torture almost alone, I mean, why does it have to bother me? Why can't I be deaf to the sounds just like most of the rest of the world?  And then, I must keep silent about what makes me tick because it's offensive.  If I told you the sound of your eating was bothering me, you would think I was being jerkish. I totally understand.  If you told me the sound of my eating was bothering you, I would be really offended at you too.  That's why it's a curse.  I'm not right or wrong in having this particular irritation.  The world isn't right or wrong for not having the same irritation that I have.

And now I digress from this rant . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!