Saturday, July 6, 2013

A helpful of Spirit

I've just got back from an amazing experience I do every summer.  I've spent a week with my spiritual family; people who I know and people who I don't that I love and will continue to love.  And I've spent a week closer to my creator.  I should be as close to him as I can any time of the year, but it's hard.   We all agree to that, and at this place it's just so much easier without the worries of the world pressing in from all sides.

I'm gunna miss everyone dearly.

Another thing I realized this week is how proud I am to be a Methodist. I love our ways.  They conform to me more that I've ever realized, and I'm thankful for John and Charles Wesley for starting the Methodist movement.  Where would I be without them?

Now that the week is over I guess I've got to get back to everyday life, but I will be more enlightened; my faith strengthened.  I'm going to go into my church and make changes for the better.

And I continue Red Silk.

I've joined another writing website, on another note, and I can't decide if this is counterproductive or not.  Sure, it can promote my work and I love getting as much feedback as I can, but are all these websites distracting me from the thing I really should be doing which is writing?  It's just that these websites give me more of a feeling of being a published author than anything else.  I'm not ready for real publishing, and it's perfect for feeling important without foolishly self publishing your books. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning any self publishers, it's just that rarely do you see a self published book flourish.  No, I need a publishing company on my side.  I'm just not ready for the commitment of due dates for manuscripts yet.  I also need to take time and improve my writing before I'm ready for that stage in my writing life)

Back to writing and life.  Goodbye friends, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!