Friday, June 21, 2013

. . . which is why I'll never be an editor.

Editing my manuscript? (Sheesh, I feel like SUCH a nerd when I say that.  Manuscript.  Man-yoo-script.)  Not fun.  Nope.  Not in the least, which is why I'm blogging right now instead of editing it. Hee.  I'm such a rebel.  At least I've gotten eight chapters done.  It's strange how incredibly depressing I can get about how short the story came out to be, and yet, how does it take forever to fix all the errors?  Then I'm going to go back and rewrite a bunch of it, because, let's face it, I finished that thing a year ago.  It's all crap now, isn't it?   Yes, sure it is.

On another note, I have gotten ANOTHER idea for a book.  Another one!  I will never finish anything with so many ideas in my head!  And I've recently gotten this fascination with the word Plucky.  I'm trying to piece together a literary situation to where that could be the title of a book I write someday.  You gatta admit.  It's a pretty shnazzy title.

Also, in more unrelated news, I recently bought three new tops because of an amazing sale and it's driving me nuts that I can't wear them because it's the middle of summer and I have nowhere to go in them.

I guess I should go back to editing then . . .


Or I could just finish my book. (:

-M

3 comments:

  1. OH MY OHMYGOD-NESS! SAME! I have SO many ideas, it's ridiculous! It's so difficult to stay focused.... and then I end up starting a new story and forgetting about the old one. I kinda did that today... :-/
    BTW, how'd you make that "My Writing" tab?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm always afraid I'll do that if I start something new, but . . . what if I forget that awesome Idea I had? And the tab thing is easy! Go to design in the top right hand corner, and then go to Layout, on the left side. It should show you the layout of your blog. Just click the top bar that says add a gadget, which should be empty, and scroll through the gadgets. The one you want is called Pages. I don't remember how you add on individual pages from there though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Pages is over to the right when you as well when you click on design.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!