Friday, June 21, 2013

Being a little crafty (:

So, the other day I painted my phone.  (It's not an iPhone.  Meh.  It's just one of those lame LG thingies.  I couldn't even tell you what model, but you get the idea.)  I just painted the part on the back that comes off to reveal the battery.  Anyways, I got the most brilliant idea ever.  Why not paint iPhone cases?

Well, yes, as I said before, I don't have an iPhone.  What am I going to do with an IPhone case?  Frame it perhaps?  Hang it on the wall?  (That's surely abstract art, if anything else is).  But I didn't care.  I had to do this amazing idea I had in my head.  The idea then turned into future birthday present projects.  Sadly though, of the three clear (cheap, I might add.  I bought them for at most less that two dollars) iPhone cases I ordered off of amazon, one came in, and it's intended purpose is to someone whose birthday isn't for another five months.  I painted it and finished it anyway.  Way to be ahead of the game, huh?

First, I started out with a normal matted clear iPhone 5 case.  I put on a white base coat, and then I  found a cute pattern on Pinterest (don't you love that website?) to copy on top of the white!

I guess I could relay instructions, but there really weren't any crafty tricks that I used to do this.  I just tapped in to my inner artist, which is something you can do too.  I feel like this is a great idea when you want a fancy-shmancy new case for your phone, but you don't necessarily want to pay $15 or more for it.  My supplies were just paint, paintbrushes, and a clear iPhone case.

Here's another picture of the finished product below:


All I have to do now is wait for the paint to dry and then put on a couple hundred million coats of modpodge finishing spray. (:
-M

2 comments:

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!