Saturday, June 22, 2013

I finished my book, so what do I do now?

Real work? Writing? I guess I'll have to. ): Well anyway, the book is called: The Name of The Star by Maureen Johnson.  Ah! It was a fantastic read! It's refreshing because it's a teen fiction novel without all that crap in there that most teen fiction  novelists put in.

It sort of reads more like a crime novel than a drama infested fantasy-mythical-creatures-scifi-nonsense book. (Okay this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but does it only drive me nuts that there is no indenting? I push indent on my computer and no! It doesn't indent! It's like a stinking email or something! Okay, done with that rant...). Where was I? Oh!  It starts off in a very relatable way.  The main character, Rory, has a somewhat dry and sarcastic humor that had me actually making out-loud-noises.  You really get to know her.  The only downside is that there's a bit where I guess it's supposed to be suspenseful, but I never felt like anything was really going to happen.  She makes up for it later when they go into the bad guy's lair.  That part is so good!  I loved it, minor flaws aside.  I absolutely loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!