Thursday, October 31, 2013

Batman is a Newsie?

Happy Halloween everyone!  Unfortunately I didn't dress up.  No, I'll just be a homebody that holds the bowl (and eats a few pieces from it herself, occasionally).  <---- Just kidding.  I eat like one bite and my stomach is like: "Whhyyyy did you eeeeeaat that candyyyyy?  Why would you dooooo this to meeee?" And it starts punishing me.  Sugar, sadly, does not make me happy. And then people are like: "Are you crazy?" So then I'm like: "Meehehmeh, I doh-no . . ."

Well, now to my point.  (Do my blog posts ever have a point?)  Recently we've been watching the movie version of the Disney musical Newsies.  I use the term "we" loosely as the whole of my choir class think's it's stupid and talks through the whole thing.  But that's another story that I won't go into.  They don't bother me.  I will love Broadway Musicals with all my heart whether the next guy gives them a second glance or not.  If they call it stupid, well, that's their ignorance and judging nature, not mine.  They called "Annie Get Your Gun" stupid too.  If only they knew how well known that movie is.  As old as it is and the fact that it's still fairly popular (despite what they seem to think) is very impressive, if you ask me.

ANYWAY! The 1992 movie Newsies (which is what the onstage musical Newsies The Musical is based off of) is what we're watching, anyway.  Well, the guy who plays Jack Kelley (one of the lead guys) looked reeeally familiar to me:


Who does that look like to you?  Ringing any bells?  The first thing I thought was . . .  his lips!  I've seen those lips before! (Have you guessed who it is yet?):


Look at those beautiful lips . . . don't they remind you of someone else's lips we know?


That's right.  That boy is Christain Bale, of otherwise known as Batman.  Yep.  Batman is in a musical.  I was like . . . uh, my adoration of you just went up ten billion points.  Oh, did I mention he can sing and dance?




Sadly I was unable to find a good quality version of this nor was I able to find anything else of Chrstian Bale singing.  I don't think he plans on doing another musical ever, either, which is a shame.  But I still love him for having done Newsies.

I know, I haven't posted anything for my book for what, like a month?  And I haven't blog posted for . . . oh I don't even know how long.  I've been busy with school activities and such and . . . I'm writing a play! What?  So I just have to get it all on paper before I can continue with the book.  It's nothing big, just a cheesy little thing which is why I allowed myself a break from Red Silk to write it.  Hopefully it'll be done soon and I'll get back to work.  In the meantime, I had to post this.  It's been on my mind since we started watching Newsies and I was just bursting!

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!